I thought I’d share with you a few things I learned while taking care of this little kitty mister, Sami, you see lying around here on the carpet. These are things I knew, things I learned and things I wish I knew (because they really freaked me out). Now Sami has gone back to its real owner but we are considering getting our own cat.
- Cats’ nails grow also in girth, not just length, and this cause bits of the nail fall off so that the new nails has room to grow. I didn’t know this and hence thought Sami was ill or hurt when we started finding the outer layers of his nails around the house. Apparently this is one of the reasons why cats claw furniture (so not only the sharpening)
- Their whiskers can fall off as well. So basically your cat can have bits falling from it but it’s not necessarily anything to be alarmed about 🙂
- No matter how you think they won’t be able to jump to the highest of your closets, THEY WILL! It’s kind of insane how agile they are. Amazing jumping abilities…
- Even the cats that seem picky about their food WILL eat if you stick to routines and feed them only at certain times and only proper cat food. Spoiling them rotten will help no one.
- The occasional psychotic attack seems to be completely normal.
- Even the most antisocial cats do enjoy being at least near their humans – not too close, but not too far either!
- Catnip toys will only work for so long! After a while major boredom will ensue.
- Even the chunky and antisocial ones like to show off their bellies (as is proven by the picture above)