This month was my first time participating in any sort of a blogger swap. Love in a Box blogger swap is organized by Megan from Lush to Blush and Kimberly from Kimberly’s Chronicle. The rules are fairly simple: Sign up on the blogger swap page and you’ll get paired up with someone every month and after getting to know each other a bit better, you’ll send a box of surprise goodies to them. And afterwards of course you’ll make a post about the whole thing.
Here are the more precise rules:
- Box value cannot exceed $25, or $20 for international swaps.
- Boxes must be sent by the 18th of each month, or by the 15th for international swaps.
- Each participant must create a blog post about the swap and include a link to this page for interested bloggers.
- Each participant must follow the hosts, Megan of Lush to Blush and Kimberly of Kimberly’s Chronicle on Bloglovin‘ and at least one other social media. You must also follow the blogger you are swapped with each month. Link to the blogger swap page and you’re good to go!
For my first swap, I got paired with the amazing Emily Finta from Designs by Emily F who was so nice and is a fan of pretty much all the same TV shows as me! 😀 She was such a sweetheart when we were emailing: Emily’s a graphic designer (how cool is that?!) and she is also a Harry Potter and Psych fan. She was super considerate in making sure I got my package in time (downsides of living in Finland…) and sent me the greatest pack of surprise goodies!
Emily’s box for me included:
- an Amazon gift card which I used when I ordered a Buffy t-shirt I’ve been eyeing on for a while now (great choice from Emily and, yet again, very considerate because she knew it takes a long time for the package to arrive to Finland)
- Candy which is great because I love having chocolate with coffee (also, we don’t have all those candies in Finland so it’s going to be fun to try them out!)
- a Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (unapologetic) in such a lovely pink shade<3
- Buffy, Doctor Who and Harry Potter stickers, which I’ll probably use to decorate my school folders (they are in desperate need of something to make them look a bit cheerier)
Thanks again, Emily! Now, EVERYONE, go and follow her, okay?!
In other news, one of the co-host for the Love in a Box swap, Megan from Lush to Blush, recently entered into a boyfriend jeans challenge. All the participants had to style an outfit with boyfriend jeans and now Megan is one of the eight finalists! If she wins, she gets to fly out to London for a shopping trip. Here is a quote from Megan’s blog post, telling why she’d love to go: