In honor of my (finally) complete thesis paper on the adorkable Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer I wanted to make a post celebrating my favorite things throughout the show. Willow’s character has been one of my greatest inspirations ever since I was – I can’t believe I’m even using this word – a tween, and the show is and always will be one of my favorites. There are so many amazing things about the show but I ended up narrowing it down to 10 of my (current) favorites represented by these awesome gifs.
1. Angel and Buffy’s relationship: it was such an emotional roller-coaster and I loved their chemistry.
2. Buffy’s training: I always thought it was cool when they showed Buffy doing martial arts in slow motion or during her training – it was easier to appreciate it than during an intense and fast-paced fight scene.
3. Buffy’s sass. Enough said.
4. Spike: just look at that smirk 😀 He’s one of my favorite characters and I though it was great when he started being one of the Scoobies.
5. Willow becoming a goddess: finally she got over all the darkness and pain, and became the great good witch that we all knew she was deep down inside!
6. Tara: anything with Tara is my favorite part of the show. Seriously. Anything.
7. Faith being all evil during season 3: she was the character I loved to hate.
8. Anya and Xander: they were perfect together and I was so brokenhearted when they split up 😦
9. More Willow: I loved seeing Willow do big spells – she was so bad-ass!
10. Everyone dancing and having fun at Bronze: sometimes there were happy moments without stress, evil, or vampires. Those moments showed the tight bond that the characters had outside all of the slaying business.