After I did the post about Sookie’s style, I wanted to do another fandom style post but this time with Buffy. I love 90s fashion and I think a lot of the outfits in BtVS are really cute. Nonetheless, I felt I needed to narrow my focus so I chose the college years (starting from season 4 of BtVS) where Buffy and Willow’s style evolved and matured from the first seasons.
Both Buffy and Willow wore a lot of skirts in college, Willow favoring maxis while Buffy opted mostly for ankle length and midi skirts. Buffy still liked to wear leather and Willow hadn’t ditched her signature quirky outfits either – they simply matured and made them more college appropriate. Both seemed to also like floral patterns and bright colors, which I personally love 🙂
I also thought I’d add here a traditional Buffy outfit, which I’m fully intending to do for Halloween some year!
In honor of my (finally) complete thesis paper on the adorkable Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer I wanted to make a post celebrating my favorite things throughout the show. Willow’s character has been one of my greatest inspirations ever since I was – I can’t believe I’m even using this word – a tween, and the show is and always will be one of my favorites. There are so many amazing things about the show but I ended up narrowing it down to 10 of my (current) favorites represented by these awesome gifs.
1. Angel and Buffy’s relationship: it was such an emotional roller-coaster and I loved their chemistry.
2. Buffy’s training: I always thought it was cool when they showed Buffy doing martial arts in slow motion or during her training – it was easier to appreciate it than during an intense and fast-paced fight scene.
3. Buffy’s sass. Enough said.
4. Spike: just look at that smirk 😀 He’s one of my favorite characters and I though it was great when he started being one of the Scoobies.
5. Willow becoming a goddess: finally she got over all the darkness and pain, and became the great good witch that we all knew she was deep down inside!
6. Tara: anything with Tara is my favorite part of the show. Seriously. Anything.
7. Faith being all evil during season 3: she was the character I loved to hate.
8. Anya and Xander: they were perfect together and I was so brokenhearted when they split up 😦
9. More Willow: I loved seeing Willow do big spells – she was so bad-ass!
10. Everyone dancing and having fun at Bronze: sometimes there were happy moments without stress, evil, or vampires. Those moments showed the tight bond that the characters had outside all of the slaying business.
1. My Tiimari pencil case (a mere 2 euros that one)
2. A bright Marie Claire wallet from a Asia’s biggest mall in Indonesia
3. Another product from Indonesia (ITC): my make-up bag
4. A Doctor Who day planner for 2014 (one of my favorite purchases this winter) which you can buy here
5. my (also pink) bus card
6. a key to my house (duh)
7. My red Nokia 700 phone
8. An old Creative Zen Mozaic mp3 player
9. Slayer Slang by Michael Adams (research for my BA thesis)
10. a pink coin purse which I got from my friend as a present